Monday 27 September 2010

Welcome to Oregon

After 36 hours, 3 planes, 2 airport floors and 1 retired federal agent I finally arrived at Oregon State University to start my American College exhange year.
OSU is a fairly large university in a small american town, where frat parties are the place to be and the 'football' team are religion. After my first week of orientation I have now fully immersed myself into american college life. This was kicked off by a convocation which is essentially a formal welcoming to all new students but it is a bit of a serious affair with the national anthem, speeches and saluting of the flag, all very american.
Its the norm out here for those living in dorms to have a roomate, my roomate Rudi is a future american football player from Inglewood in LA and out here in Oregon we have become quite the pair on campus, the tall blackman from LA and the englishman in a prodominatley white american university.
The accent does work a charm and already people seen to know me even if I've never met them before!
Anyway I will leave it there for now, dont want to give too much away to soon. More on the frat parties and 'football' games to come.

By
William Dunford
Studying Civil Engineering at OSU for a year

No comments:

Post a Comment