Saturday 15 January 2011

Cougars!


I'm back in Charleston after a lovely, but very busy, christmas holiday back in snowy old Leeds. Since i last blogged i managed to go back to New York to stay with family friends for thanksgiving and my 21st birthday (see pic above of the amazing ice rink in Central Park). It was amazing, mainly because i got to have an epic meal with a house full of Italian Americans, and because my family suprised me with a secret visit.
Anyhoo, this semester i have lots of fun trips planned. I'm going to DC next month with a friend from home who is studying at Wisconsin uni, and me and some friends from Nottingham are going to New Orleans for Mardi gras as it conveniently falls during spring break. I may also be going to south by south west festival in Texas to see my friends band, so lots is going on!
I really like my classes this semester. I'm doing a independent research study in preperation for my impending dissertation (joy), but i'm being supervised by a lady who works for the CIA which is pretty cool. I went out for dinner with a professor the other night to discuss this, and he indulged me and Matt with lots of red wine and told us tales of his travels which was enlightening to say the least.
Despite the work load, and there is a lot of it, there is plenty of time to have fun. I went out last night with a group of friends to a kareoke bar, and tomorrow night we are 'tailgating' the basketball game. Still loving Charleston, i think i might stay forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment