Monday 15 November 2010

Dads Weekend

Once a year American Universities have a weekend dedicated to Dads. It is quite a nice idea but its slightly strange walking round campus seeing every student with their Dad in toe, some of the Dads even stay in the dorms. Of course I didn't have my Dad over for the weekend so I therefore continued to partake in the usual weekend activities at an American College, 'Football' games and house parties.
This weekend was the second time I've seen the 'beavers' play 'football' however this time we didn't turned up and therefore deservedly had our pants pull down by the Washington State Cougars. Game day at OSU is a big affair and many ex-students and in this case loads of dads usually stay in town for the evening and hit up the parties, bars and the only club in town. I have to say it was a new experience to dance with a girl in a club only to find out that next to her, her grey headed slightly over weight dad was dancing next to me with another girl well under half his age, americans really do like the whole happy families thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment