Tuesday 2 March 2010

Human Factors Research Group -University of Nottingham

Hi All,

Last month was very busy, submitting papers and attending labs and rail control rooms which reminds me that you do not really know what is my PhD about, well I don't guarantee that I quite know what my PhD is really about but I have some idea...

My PhD is in Manufacturing Engineering and Operational Management and is guided by Human Factors Research Group in University of Nottingham and it is funded by Network Rail which is owner of and responsible for rail infrastructure in UK.
My PhD focuses on problem solving and the design of control rooms, the idea is to understand human operator in the field and project that understanding in the design pf futuristic system. Human Factors /Ergonomics is a quite young field and Nottingham is one of the top UK institutes with huge reputation for its rail work. Our research group work in various areas ranging from physical ergonomics, occupational ergonomics, collaborative design, virtual reality, transportation, etc. We also have a number Master taught courses as well as External courses in Ergonomics suppurated by distant learning. I think Ergonomics is the next MBA or IT, it is still very young, every industry, service, domain needs it and this opens a huge range of work opportunities.


No comments:

Post a Comment