Thursday 8 October 2009

Adventures in Boston, Montreal, Toronto, DC, New York and Charlottesville...

Hi everyone - Ceri here,

I'm back from a whirlwind visit to the US and Canada (this photo was taken from Mont Royal in beautiful Montreal - thanks for Dr Karis Shearer from McGill for leading the way to the top!), where I met with alumni, study abroad students, and lots and lots of students who are interested in coming to Nottingham for their undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.

A big thanks to all of the schools I visited and the many North American students I met on my travels - I really enjoyed talking with you about studying in the UK and look forward to seeing you in Nottingham next year.

Everyone I spoke with was universally happy to hear about our tailored range of scholarships specifically for American and Canadian students: for SAT II/AP High Achievers, USA and Canada Taught Masters students and International PhD Researchers. Our non-competitive 10% tuition fee reduction for all alumni from our Universitas 21 partners McGill and the University of Virginia and competitive U21 scholarships were also really popular - don't forget to apply as soon as you are holding your offer. To find out more about our scholarships, please visit the International Office website: www.nottingham.ac.uk/international

Our North American Ambassadors have been very busy (see their comments in response to my first post to find out about their experiences of settling in to their host institutions across the continent) and more events are soon to be added to the calendar, so keep an eye out for updates!

Before I go - a quick message of welcome to all the American and Canadian students who started their studies with us when term began on 21 September: I hope you're all settling in happily!

Until next time,
Ceri

2 comments:

  1. are you going to be in Ontario in the next couple of months? I would really want to find out more about Nottingham University. I was thinking about going to school overseas for about a year and I decided i might want to apply but i have many questions.

    I didn't see any canandain dates on the website. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara,

    One of our North American Ambassadors is based in Toronto this year. Do let me know if you would like to meet Paul for a coffee so he can answer your questions about Nottingham. My email address is ceri.gorton@nottingham.ac.uk

    Thanks for your interest!
    Ceri

    ReplyDelete